What is H-GAC’s PlanSource program?
- The program allows local governments to have access to top local, national and international planning firms, provides competitive rates, and expedites the procurement process. PlanSource qualified planning firms to provide professional planning services to an array of potential local governments and other end users in the H-GAC region and beyond. PlanSource services include a broad range of community planning and related services.
- The PlanSource program is a voluntary program. Local governments are not obligated to purchase any of the services on a contract resulting from this program, and there are no minimum quantities or spending levels required by H-GAC and/or the local government. Coming soon more information on how PlanSource can help you become more efficient.
Source: H-GAC’s PlanSource Website (link)
What services can Traffic Engineers Inc. offer through the PlanSource Program?
Traffic Engineers, Inc. offers a full range of transportation planning, operations and engineering design services. Through PlanSource , we are happy to offer a broad set of planning services to our clients including :
- School Circulation Studies
- Mobility Studies
- Bike and Pedestrian Studies
- Corridor Studies
- Parking Analysis
- Feasibility Studies
- Truck Route Studies
- Land Use Inventory
- Neighborhood Studies
- Street Inventories
- Thoroughfare Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Transportation Master Plans
- Traffic Signal Inventories
- Design Visualization and Modeling
Our experienced planners would be happy to discuss any aspect or your project with you to determine the best approach to meet your needs.
Can Traffic Engineers, Inc. offer engineering services through PlanSource?
No. While Traffic Engineers, Inc. offers its client a broad range of planning, operations and
engineering services, only planning services can be offered through H-GAC’s PlanSource program.
This is because Rule 137.53 of the TEXAS ENGINEERING PRACTICE ACT states:
(a) A licensed engineer shall not submit or request, orally or in writing, a competitive bid to perform professional engineering services for a governmental entity unless specifically authorized by state law and shall report to the board any requests from governmental entities and/or their representatives that request a bid or cost and/or pricing information or any other information from which pricing or cost can be derived prior to selection based on demonstrated competence and qualifications to perform the services.
(b) For the purposes of this section, competitive bidding to perform engineering services includes, but is not limited to, the submission of any monetary cost information in the initial step of selecting qualified engineers. Cost information or other information from which cost can be derived must not be submitted until the second step of negotiating a contract at a fair and reasonable cost.
We would be happy to discuss any project with you to determine if it meets our guidelines for planning work and therefore be eligible for inclusion under the PlanSource program.
Who should you contact for more information about H-GAC’s PlanSource program?
For inquiries with Traffic Engineers, Inc. please contact:
Susan Alleman, Principal
Phone: (713) 270-8145 or email
H-GAC contact :
Amanda Thorin, Environmental Planning Assistant
(713) 993-4587 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The main H-GAC PlanSource page can be reached at www.theplansource.org
To view Traffic Engineers, Inc.’s PlanSource page please click here.